main page of Trade Cards OnlineTrade Cards Online

The safest place to trade, buy, and sell cards

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Week 7: Friday Night Magic

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Magic: The Gathering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sindbad7cs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject: Week 7: Friday Night Magic   PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote

Week 7 - Friday Night Magic! 1 pack Dark Ascension and 2 packs Innistrad. 14 players.

Alright, I must focus. A bit more studious approach. My first card was the Diregraf Captain, and as I began looking for Zombies, a BU creation seemed in order. A bit too focused - I passed a lot of good stuff I could have hate-drafted...

My deck from the drafted cards (except BASIC lands added later):

Creatures (15 - including 1 artifact creature)
1 Diregraf Captain
1 Evil Twin
1 Black Cat
2 Highborn Ghoul
2 Ghoulraiser
2 Rotting Fensnake
1 Bitterheart Witch (shoulda been in S/B!)
1 Makeshift Mauler
1 Nephalia Seakite
1 Murder of Crows
1 Skaab Goliath
1 One-Eyed Scarecrow

Sorcery/Instant/Enchant (2/4/2 = Cool
1 Reap The Seagraf
1 Artful Dodge
2 Tribute To Hunger
1 Gravepurge
1 Think Twice
1 Dead Weight
1 Curiosity

Artifact (0)

Land (17)
11 Swamp
5 Island
1 Evolving Wild

Sideboard:
1 Falkenrath Torturer (better in deck)
1 Corpse Lunge
1 Curse of Oblivion
1 Disciple of Griselbrand (better in deck)
1 Maw of the Mire
1 Village Cannibals
2 Wooden Stakes
1 Altar of the Lost
1 Rooftop Storm (hahahahaha!)

Lost first match 2 - 0 very quickly to Joe’s UW - saw a lot of stuff I let go past me! I was too slow, plus he was putting the Captain on my library repeatedly for a nice stall. Won second match 2 - 0 against Steve’s BU. He was to my left in draft and we were both drafting the same colors, so it was interesting. In my third match against Gary, I lost 2 - 1. I took the first game, which took forever with both of us moving slowly. He did a lot of time thinking. Second game was all his with a Huntmaster out, but I slowed down his victory blocking and resurrecting where I could. We had under two minutes for the last game, and now, all of a sudden, he was Mr. Speed play. I should have been deliberate, but I let him rush me, and he did get the win on the fifth turn after time was called. Should have been a draw. Apparently he does this frequently. Takes his own time in initial games, but doesn’t feel another player should. My last match against Michael saw me apathetic the first game, which I lost quickly on a mana stall. The second game saw him top deck a life loss and put me away on a close, great game. Joe won the night.

Back to getting door prizes after NONE last week. An 80-count pack of Ultra Pro sleeves, and a FOIL Dismember! Other notable draft cards I didn't use - Intangible Virtue, Burning Vengeance, Reckless Waif, Heckling Fiends, and Grim Flowering.

All rares into the pool! I went 11th and got: Angel of Flight Alabaster, Requiem Angel, and Heretic’s Punishment.

Did some league play before/during: 2-0 match loss to Zach and a close 1 game victory over Steve‘s Trep Blade. He actually could have blocked and won or milled me next turn, but missed it. Wrapped up Week 2 with a 3 -3 match record, with 1 pending completion…
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Trade Cards Online Forum Index -> Magic: The Gathering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: